Tuesday, May 19, 2009

And the list grows . . .

Since starting my blog, people have been sending me suggestions left and right. I love it - thank you all. Check out the growing list!

- Paddle across Regina in a canoe
- Serve lunch at Soul's Harbour Mission
- Take public transportation (or walk or bike) for 2 weeks in Regina
- Go back country camping by myself
- Sleep under the stars
- Try flying trapeeze
- Fly in a hot air balloon
- Donate more than $500 to something
- Go to Antarctica
- Go kite surfing
- Learn to sail
- Visit the Olympics

I LOVE all these ideas. Some of them might be more doable than others and I might need some help on some of these. Where can I do trapeeze? How do I keep the bugs off me when I sleep under the stars? Are there tickets left to the Olympics? Who's willing to sponsor my expedition to Antarctica?

7 comments:

Bryan Sarauer said...

Regarding the solo camping, perhaps Karrie could loan you the book Solo: On Her Own Adventure.
Cheers,
B.

Thirty-4-Thirty said...

That would be great. The solo camping is kind of scary to me (well, actually all the things that involve being by myself do--I don't really like being by myself). I guess that's the point. Those are the things on my list that I should do for sure!

Anonymous said...

a bivy sac (bivouac). Really handy and light. Chad loves his! perhaps you can rent one from Fresh Air. Otherwise they can get pricey.

Michelle

Chris said...

I can help! I can help! We have a very large driveway and would be willing to allow you to park your car on it for the two weeks when you take public transit.

Bryan Sarauer said...

I've been eagerl awaiting the next post. In the meantime, here's another solo camping resource: http://www.solotripping.com/

Cheers,
Bryan

Bryan Sarauer said...

OK, I had anothe idea. This might cover several firsts for you, and tie in to a few of your ideas.

[b]Build your own folding kayak![/b]

See http://yostwerks.com/ - Tom Yost has designed and provided the building manuals for a myriad of kayaks. The designs are great (Amelie & Lauren's kayak is a Yost design), they are easy to build and you can have a new folding kayak for about $250 (compare that to the price of a Klepper kayak).

Once you have a new kayak in a few weeks you can load it on the back of your motorcycle and hit the road. Pop up here to Saskatoon and go for a day-paddle with Karrie. Check it as luggage and fly someplace exotic and go kayaking. Bring it with you to Antarctica!

Cheers,
Bryan

Bryan Sarauer said...

Here I am posting another comment - I might become a bigger contributor to your blog than you are! ;)

To see a few more of Ashley's firsts for the year, go to http://pawistik.blogspot.com/2009/09/family-paddling-on-kinsgmere.html

Cheers,
Bryan